1. Saying "My life is an endless purgatory interrupted by profound phases of misery" doesn't make you popular.
2. The most absurd lyrics ever written by Guns 'n' Roses has got to be "Take me down to the Paradise City where the grass is green and the girls are pretty".My guess is that they were writing about an environment-friendly whore-house.I may be (and probably am!) completely wrong.However,writing songs that no one understands might make you popular.
3. Asking your parents for a snake-skin skirt on your 16th birthday will only elicit unfavourable responses.In my case,it was a stern-sounding "That's illegal!"
4. Reading a book entitled 'Psychiatry and Homeopathy' on the ledge of the english department at JU will certainly get you attention but it will leave most of those who pass you by incomplete shock.Seeing their animated features will get tiring after a while.
5. "The gestation period of an elephant is 22 months"-You can go the rest of your life without knowing that...But if you do know it,you might win a few quizzes along the way.
6. Good debaters can be hypocrites.
7. Jane Austen probably didn't intend to put us to sleep with her novels.That she did manage to do so must have been an occupational hazard that she was unaware of.
8. Teaching five or six-year-olds is as exciting and as painful as dental surgery.
I'm surrounded by crazy cloud shapes and false promises.Amidst it all,I strive to find peace of mind.I hope it'll stop raining soon but I know somewhere deep down that it won't.I try not to see my possible futures-they all seem dull.I see myself sitting in a kitchen facing a living room with a glass wall,taking off my apron after putting dinner on the table,undoing my hair and waiting for the phone to ring...I see myself working away in an office built by people whose hopes have turned into fears and whose dreams have turned into plans(just like the song that makes more sense than it's supposed to),working away with a fifteeen minute break for coffee and contemplation...I see myself at an after hours party full of people whose lives are so empty that not even smoking up on the roof alone seems to fill up the torn spaces...
DISTANT DREAMER-That's probably what they call me now.Yet I can't decide what to think of and I always end up thinking of things I dread.I think of the day when all the friends I thought worth keeping will be gone,when I'll say "Good luck to you all and goodnight" and fade into the background,when the rain will go unseen and unheard.